The votes for Week #1 are in, which means it’s time to announce the characters who will be moving on to the Elite Eight! The votes this week resulted in a lot of decisive victories, even over characters who were considered front-runners.
- In the head-to-head children’s characters match-up, the adventurous Anne of Green Gables soundly defeated candy connoisseur Willy Wonka by 11 votes.
- Bilbo Baggins made hobbits proud by taking down super cyber-sleuth Lisbeth Salander by a margin of 18 votes.
- Sherlock Holmes proved that his detective skills are clear favorites by taking 28 votes to 5 for Persepolis’s Marjane Satrapi.
- In the battle of smart, do-gooding lawyer vs smart, do-gooding telekinetic schoolgirl, Atticus Finch came out ahead of Matilda by 12 votes.
- The match-up between two love-struck classic book characters was expected to be a close call, but Scarlett O’Hara showed her tenacity over Jay Gatsby by a 16 vote margin.
- Katnis Everdeen proved she’s not just a Victor in the Hunger Games by defeating the troubled Othello by 18 votes.
- Spell-master Hermione Granger overwhelmingly defeated the imaginative Little Prince by 21 votes in another head-to-head children’s character battle.
- In our closest match-up, justice seeker Don Quixote narrowly slid past The Color Purple’s Celie in a 20-17 victory.
Did any of your favorites make it through? Every vote counts, so keep be sure to keep supporting your characters! Remember, for each vote you submit, your name is entered into our prize drawing. You can VOTE ONLINE or you can submit a paper ballot at the library. The schedule is below, so make sure you keep playing throughout the month.
- Round 1 – Sweet Sixteen: March 9- March 15
- Round 2 – Elite Eight: VOTE now through March 22
- Round 3 – Final Four: Vote March 23-29
- Round 4 – Championship Game: Vote March 30-April 5
- April 6 – CSCC Library Book Character Champion announced and prize drawing held!
Check out the updated bracket: